Effective Date: December 16, 2019
For the purposes of Rain’s Privacy Notice, the term “you” or “your” relates to the individual (i) who downloads or uses the Rain App or (ii) who applies for, or obtains, any of Rain’s financial products or services. The term “Rain,” “we,” or “our” refers to Rain Technologies Inc.
Rain’s Privacy Notice applies to personally identifiable information about you, which we refer to as “your information.” In connection with Rain’s treatment of your information, Rain’s Privacy Notice describes the policies and procedures (including a summary of the relevant security controls) that Rain uses when collecting, maintaining, using, or transmitting (or “disclosing”) to others any of your information. Please carefully read Rain’s Privacy Notice.
Rain reserves the right to modify any aspect of Rain’s Privacy Notice, and Rain may make these modifications at any time. In some circumstances, Rain may modify Rain’s Privacy Notice in one or more ways that may affect the treatment of your information without first notifying you of those modifications. Please review the “Effective Date” of Rain’s Privacy Notice each time you use the Rain App or use any of Rain’s financial products or services.
For information about Rain, or any entity that is or may in the future be an affiliate of with Rain, in connection with the treatment of your information under Rain’s Privacy Notice, please see the section below entitled “Contacting Rain.”
Rain provides financial products or services to consumers, as well as to corporate persons, such as entities that employ consumers to be their employees. Rain’s mission is to provide a consumer tools for greater access and control over his or her financial health by providing innovative financial products and services, such as effective solutions for electronic fund transfer services (EFT services). Among other products and services covered by Rain’s Privacy Notice is our service that provides ways for a consumer to control funds that he or she owns, including by more easily transferring those funds to (or from) his or her primary bank account.
Our Privacy Practices
Information We Collect
1. Information you provide. We collect various categories of your information that you provide, either directly or indirectly, to us, such as:
- Identifying information, such as your mobile telephone number, email address, and residential address;
- Financial information, such as information you provide on an application to us or from data we collect from transactions you conduct using Rain’s EFT services; and
- Information about your status or personal characteristics, such as whether you are employed, where you could work, and the number of days you work in a month.
When you connect one or more of your accounts with other financial institutions to the Rain App or to your Rain Account, we also may collect information to identify you, or to help verify that you are the true owner of the account(s), before connecting your account(s).
3. Information collected from your financial institutions. Whether Rain collects or maintains your information collected from the financial institutions you use, such as your bank, may depend on how you use the Rain App or Rain’s Services. Generally speaking, when you link your primary bank account to the Rain App or to Rain’s Services (such as for EFT services), we may collect several categories of your information, including:
- Account information, including your financial institution’s name, the account type you use (such as a “checking account” or “savings account”), account number(s), and the institution’s routing number;
- Information about any balance or transactions in your account; and
- Information about the account owner(s), including name, email address, phone number, and mailing address information.
4. Information we receive about you from other sources. We also collect your information directly from other persons, including our service providers. For example, Rain may collect and maintain your information from service providers that help Rain to identify you and to verify that you are the individual who is authorized to use Rain’s Services.
How We Use Your Information
We use the information we collect to operate, improve, and protect the services we provide, and to develop new services. For example, we use your information:
- To operate, provide, and maintain the Rain App;
- To improve, modify, add to, or further develop Rain’s EFT services;
- To protect you, Rain’s service providers, or Rain from fraud, malicious activity, or other privacy and security-related concerns;
- To provide customer service to you;
- To investigate any misuse of the Rain App or of Rain’s Services; and
- To develop new services.
Our Steps to Protect Your Information
We take steps designed to protect your information that we collect, maintain, or disclose. These steps include maintaining information security controls, such as encryption technologies when transferring data or even when storing data, firewalls, and controls over the physical access to our systems. We regularly evaluate the security controls that we use, as well as the controls that our service providers use, for protecting the security and confidentiality of your information. Our goal is to maintain effective security controls, as measured by relevant industry standards or by independent security auditors, for all of the ways that you can use Rain’s Services.
Rain may keep your information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for the information is collected. In addition, for some types of your information, Rain may apply a longer retention period, such as for research or statistical analyses, except when storing or using that information for longer periods of time is not permitted under applicable law. As permitted under applicable law, even after you stop using the Rain App or terminate your account with Rain, we may retain your information.
Our Rights to Disclose Your Information
Rain reserves the right to disclose, or even to sell, some or all of the categories of your information that Rain collects to any person that is not an affiliate of Rain—and under some circumstances you may be allowed to prevent Rain from doing so, by exercising your right to “opt out” of certain disclosures. Rain also may disclose some or all of the categories of your information to any person that is an affiliate of Rain, and you may opt out of some of those types of disclosures among the affiliate(s). Depending on your state of residence, you may have additional rights under that state’s law that affect whether and to what extent Rain may disclose your information to other persons, including an affiliate of Rain. However, as of the Effective Date of this Privacy Notice, Rain does not disclose your information to persons in ways that present an opportunity for you to use your opt-out rights (or other rights under state law).
Rain makes various types of disclosures of your information to other persons as permitted by law. Our disclosures of your information may apply to some or all of the categories of your information that we collect. For example, Rain may disclose all of the types of your information with your employer or with your financial institution, consistent with your consent or instruction. Rain also discloses, or reserves the right to disclose, your information:
- With Rain’s service providers or contractors in connection with the services they perform for Rain;
- If Rain believes in good faith that disclosure is appropriate to comply with applicable law, regulation, or legal process (such as a court order or subpoena);
- In connection with a change in ownership or control of all or a part of Rain’s business (such as a merger, acquisition, or bankruptcy);
- Between and among Rain and Rain’s future affiliates (such as subsidiaries or other companies under common control or ownership); or
- With your consent (by any reasonable method, including when you orally give your consent), unless you timely revoke your consent.
We may collect, use, process, or disclose your information in an aggregated or anonymized manner (i.e., in a manner that does not identify you personally) for any purpose permitted under applicable law.
Please email email@example.com with any questions.