Effective Date: 1 January 2021
We may collect personal identification and communication information which includes but is not limited to your personal details (like name, home/office address, date of birth, father’s name, mother’s name, your photograph etc.), contact details (like home/work phone number, official email address, personal email address, personal mobile number etc.), Business/work related information like (employee ID number, tax identification number, social security number etc.), personal identification proof like (UID, Driving License, passport, PAN number), Credit and financial information like (banking accounts related financial information, Bureau reports, Loan documents, purchase histories etc.) as may be necessary and applicable subject to the nature of the transaction and where permitted for diversity and monitoring purposes, we may collect information concerning your gender. Additionally, device location and information, messages, contacts, call logs, emails, log information like your search queries, IP address, crashes, date and time, browser web storage, application data caches, Cookies and similar technologies and data of the such Customers (collectively and individually referred to as “Customer Data”).
Personal Identification and communication information and application related information are hereinafter collectively referred to as “Customer Data”.
Rain is committed to protect the personal and financial information submitted by its customers (“you”) and would endeavour to protect such information from unauthorized use.
Our Privacy Practices
Information We Collect
- Information you provide. We collect various categories of your information that you provide, either directly or indirectly, to us, such as:
- Identifying information, such as your mobile telephone number, email address, and residential address;
- Financial information, such as information you provide on an application to us or from data we collect from transactions you conduct using Rain’s services; and
- Information about your status or personal characteristics, such as whether you are employed, where you could work, and the number of days you work in a month.
When you connect one or more of your accounts with other financial institutions to the Rain App or to your Rain Account, we also may collect information to identify you, or to help verify that you are the true owner of the account(s), before connecting your account(s).
- Information collected from your financial institutions. Whether Rain collects or maintains your information collected from the financial institutions you use, such as your bank, may depend on how you use the Rain App or Rain’s Services. Generally speaking, when you link your primary bank account to the Rain App or to Rain’s Services, we may collect several categories of your information, including:
- Account information, including your financial institution’s name, the account type you use (such as a “checking account” or “savings account”), account number(s), and the institution’s routing number;
- Information about any balance or transactions in your account; and
- Information about the account owner(s), including name, email address, phone number, and mailing address information.
- Information we receive about you from other sources. We also collect your information directly from other persons, including credit information companies and our service providers. For example, Rain may collect and maintain your information from service providers that help Rain to identify you and to verify that you are the individual who is authorized to use Rain’s Services.
Why We collect, Use and Store the Customer Data
- Collection of Customer Data for propagating business
From time to time, we may request aforementioned Customer Data from you to process your applications through our Rain App, and to get valuable feedback from your experience on our Rain App. In addition, we may also use your Customer Data for other business purposes or in order to help serve you better, such as informing you of new services, or alliances that could help you in your career or business. Your posting of any such Customer Data is strictly up to you. While you can visit the Rain App without disclosing any Customer Data, however, to apply or to register on the Rain App there are web pages that require such information to complete certain functions, thus these web pages may not be available to you, if you decide not to reveal the information requested. We will take reasonable steps to ensure that your Customer Data is accurate and complete.
- Disclosure to third parties
We may disclose Customer Data to third parties. This disclosure may be required for us to check your eligibility for, provide you access to, and enable fulfillment of any services being provided to you, or to comply with any legal obligations, to enforce user agreements, to facilitate any marketing and advertising activities, or to prevent, detect, mitigate, and investigate fraudulent or illegal activities related to any services being provided to you. You expressly consent and agree to such disclosures to third parties.
- Collecting Customer Data for online surveys
At times, we conduct online surveys to better understand the needs and profile of our visitors. When we conduct a survey, we will inform you about how we will use the Customer Data prior to your taking the survey. If you do not want to participate in the survey, you may refrain from contributing to it at your own discretion.
- Collecting domain information
The Rain App may use a technology known as web beacons - sometimes called single-pixel gifs - that allow this Rain App to collect web log information. A web beacon is a graphic on a web page or in an email message designed to track pages viewed or messages opened. Web log information is gathered when you visit the Rain App by the computer that hosts the Rain App (called a “webserver”). The webserver automatically recognizes some information, such as the date and time you visited the Rain App, the pages you visited, the website you came from (to the extent you have given your consent), the type of browser you are using (e.g., Internet Explorer), the type of operating system you are using (e.g., Windows 10), and the domain name and address of your Internet service provider. If you have given your consent, we may also include web beacons in promotional email messages in order to determine whether messages have been opened.
To the extent you have given your consent, the Rain App uses a technology called a “cookie”. A cookie is a piece of information that our webserver sends to your computer (actually to your browser file) when you access a website. Then when you come back, the Rain App will detect whether you have one of our cookies on your computer. Our cookies help provide additional functionality to the Rain App and help us analyze Rain App usage more accurately. For instance, our Rain App may set a cookie on your browser that keeps you from needing to remember and then enter a password more than once during a visit to the Rain App.
- IP address
The Rain App uses Internet Protocol (IP) Addresses. An IP Address is a number assigned to your computer by your Internet service provider so you can access the Internet. Generally, an IP address changes each time you connect to the Internet (it is a “dynamic” address). We use your IP address to report aggregate information on use and to help improve the Rain App.
You should be aware that this Rain App is not intended for, or designed to attract, individuals under the age of 18. We do not collect personally identifiable information from any person we actually know is an individual under the age of 18.
Areas of this Rain App that collect your Customer Data use industry standard secure socket layer encryption (SSL); however, to take advantage of this your browser must support encryption protection (found in Google Chrome, Internet Explorer release 3.0 and above).
Use and disclosure of Customer data
We protect Customer Data against unauthorized use in the same manner in which we protect our confidential information. However, in following conditions, we may share Customer Data:
- Verification of your credit and financial position, reference checks, authentication of personal, biometric and demographic information/ data provided to us at the time of loan application or anytime thereafter and making related enquiries through references on the basis of the data and information provided to, or collected by, Rain as and when we consider necessary;
- Sharing, obtaining and/ or disclosing any aspect of your personal, biometric, demographic, business, credit and financial information/ data to any credit bureau, financial institution, or any other authority (including Unique Identification Authority of India) or any third party engaged by Rain for purpose of proper verification and assessment of the Customer Data, for statistics regarding Customer’s Account, to satisfy any legally enforceable process or compliance purpose, detecting and protecting against error, fraud or identification of other criminal activity or for archiving Customer Data and for complying with the laws applicable from time to time.
- Use of your information to improve our services to the Customers and to keep Customers updated about our new products or other information that may be of interest to such Customers. This may include contacting the Customer through phone calls, SMS, or e-mails or at postal address, to make follow up calls in relation to the services provided, for imparting product knowledge, offering promotional offers & various other offers offered by its partners.
- We may share some of the Customer Data to third parties with your prior consent who may approach/ contact you to provide attractive offers to you by way of advertisements campaigns, information circulation etc.
- It may become necessary for Rain to disclose the Customer Data to the agents, other service providers and contractors (which includes but not limited to KYC repository services, data storage agencies, marketing and collection agents, any assigns to whom Rain intend to grant any right or obligation of Rain) in the course of normal business operations for the above referred purpose.
- We may also invite visitors to the Rain App to participate in market research and surveys and other similar activities. Rain will use the customer information to improve the visitor experience on the site and make subsequent offers to the visitor on products which may be of interest to him / her.
However these parties would be required to use the information obtained from Rain either for the purposes mutually agreed with Rain or for the purposes expressly permitted by the applicable laws exclusively. Rain will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to ensure that the confidentiality of the Customer Data is maintained by imposing strict confidentiality standards on all the private and non-statutory third parties to whom it discloses such information. Further, Rain shall not retain the information for longer than is required for the purposes for which the information may lawfully be used or is otherwise required under any other law for the time being in force.
In addition to the above, we use the information we collect to operate, improve, and protect the Services we provide, and to develop new services. For example, we use your information:
- To operate, provide, and maintain the Rain App;
- To improve, modify, add to, or further develop Rain’s Services;
- To protect you, Rain’s service providers, or Rain from fraud, malicious activity, or other privacy and security-related concerns;
- To provide customer service to you;
- To investigate any misuse of the Rain App or of Rain’s Services; and
- To develop new services.
Rain is strongly committed to protecting the privacy of its customers and has taken all necessary and reasonable measures that commensurate with the information assets being protected to ensure confidentiality of the Customer Data and its transmission through the world wide web and it shall not be held liable for disclosure of the confidential information when in accordance with this policy or in terms of the agreements, if any, with the Customers.
In addition, we use small bits of data called “cookies” stored on user’s devices to stimulate a continuous connection. “Cookies” let us store information about your preferences and passwords and allow you to move to different pages of our Website/ App without having to re-enter your password information. Any information collected is stored in secure databases protected via a variety of access controls and is treated as confidential information by us. Therefore, you should be careful with usage of the username and password by maintaining confidentiality and ensure that you do not knowingly or accidentally share, provide and facilitate unauthorized use of it.
Where We store the Customer Data
- The Customer Data you provide to us via the Rain App is transferred to and stored on our in-house secure database and is processed to support your enquiry to become a User on the Rain App. The Rain App and database are both hosted within India. The Customer Data, however, may be maintained or processed by our staff or our affiliates operating outside India.
We collect the data to ensure a proper connection buildup and system security, and to improve the Rain App. The legal basis for such processing is applicable data protections laws including the IT Act. We have a legitimate interest in the provision of a safe access to the Rain App and Services, in technical security, rectification of malfunctions as well as detection and tracking of any unauthorized access or attempt of access to the Rain App.
Our Steps to Protect your Information
We take steps designed to protect your information that we collect, maintain, or disclose. These steps include maintaining information security controls, such as encryption technologies when transferring data or even when storing data, firewalls, and controls over the physical access to our systems. We regularly evaluate the security controls that we use, as well as the controls that our service providers use, for protecting the security and confidentiality of your information. Our goal is to maintain effective security controls, as measured by relevant industry standards or by independent security auditors, for all of the ways that you can use Rain’s Services.
Rain may keep your information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for the information is collected. In addition, for some types of your information, Rain may apply a longer retention period, such as for research or statistical analyses, except when storing or using that information for longer periods of time is not permitted under applicable law. As permitted under applicable law, even after you stop using the Rain App or terminate your account with Rain, we may retain your information.
Our Rights to Disclose your Information
Rain makes various types of disclosures of your information to other persons as permitted by law. Our disclosures of your information may apply to some or all of the categories of your information that we collect. For example, Rain may disclose all of the types of your information with your employer or with your financial institution, consistent with your consent or instruction. Rain also discloses, or reserves the right to disclose, your information:
- With Rain’s service providers or contractors in connection with the services they perform for Rain;
- If Rain believes in good faith that disclosure is appropriate to comply with applicable law, regulation, or legal process (such as a court order or subpoena);
- In connection with a change in ownership or control of all or a part of Rain’s business (such as a merger, acquisition, or bankruptcy);
- Between and among Rain and Rain’s future affiliates (such as subsidiaries or other companies under common control or ownership); or
- With your consent (by any reasonable method, including when you orally give your consent), unless you timely revoke your consent.
We may collect, use, process, or disclose your information in an aggregated or anonymized manner (i.e., in a manner that does not identify you personally) for any purpose permitted under applicable law.
As a convenience to our visitors, this Rain App may contain links to a number of sites that we believe may offer useful information. The policies and procedures we described here may not apply to those sites. We suggest contacting those sites directly for information on their privacy, security, data collection, and distribution policies.
We will process, disclose or share your Customer Data only if required to do so by law or in good faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with our contractual obligations, legal requirements or legal process served on us or the Rain App.
How long we retain your Customer Data
We will retain your Customer Data only for as long as we need, we need it for our legitimate interest in accordance with applicable law, to fulfill your registration and application process and to perform services as you have opted for, or to meet legal requirements, after which we will take steps to delete your Customer Data or hold it in a form that no longer identifies you.
Verification of Data
To the extent permitted by law, it will be necessary for us to verify the details you have supplied. Such verification could be done through third party service providers, who shall be bound by the obligation of confidentiality and data protection.
Where permitted by applicable law, we reserve the right to monitor, intercept, access and erase all information, material, data and communication (including emails, telephones conversations, and voicemail recording), regarding registration and further processing of your application through the Rain App.
Please email email@example.com with any questions.
We are driven by our mission
We are at your disposal at
firstname.lastname@example.org and +91-80-47187727